A father and son had arrests and charges that mirrored each other after committing the same crime on different days in different locations. 

John Marshall Sr., 60, and John Marshall Jr., 26, both of Taylor, were arrested just days after drive-by shootings on separate occasions. 

"It appears there has been a conflict with another group here in town," said Taylor Police Commander Joseph Branson. "This was, unfortunately, a part of that conflict."

According to police reports, on Nov. 26, at 5:15 p.m., Marshall Sr.was arrested an outstanding warrant out of Taylor deadly conduct, a third-degree felony. 

On Nov. 18, around 10:15 p.m., officers responded to a shooting in the 400 block of Burkett St. An investigation revealed that Marshall Sr. had driven by a residence and discharged a firearm. 

Taylor Police Commander Joseph Branson said Marshall Sr. drove down the street passed the house, turned on the block and came back passed the house again. The second time he passed, he shot at the house. 

"During the investigation, we learned that witnesses recognized him as the driver of the vehicle," Branson said. 

Branson said detectives were thorough in their investigation and established probable cause to obtain a warrant. Marshall Sr. turned himself in to police Nov. 26. 

Marshall Jr. was also arrested Nov. 26, for a similar situation. 

According to reports, on Nov. 21, at about 12:30 p.m., officers responded to a call for shots fired in the 2300 block of Thomas Street. Witness reported hearing a single gunshot in the area. 

Surveillance videos from the area revealed Marshall Jr. driving passed a house, going west to east, and a gunshot is fired from the vehicle towards the residence. Police believe the weapon was shot inside the vehicle. 

Although police do not believe the incident was gang related, there were two different factions involved.

"You have one side of this dispute that has taken it to this level," Branson said. "They are actually committing the crime of deadly conduct, which is a third-degree felony."

He commended detectives for their thorough investigation and timeliness of warrants and arrests. 

"We are aware of the situation. We are aware of those involved, and we have spoken to both sides," Branson said. "This is something we take very seriously, and you see the results of that."

No injuries were reported in either shooting. 

Both Marshall Sr. and Marshall Jr. were arrested and charged with deadly conduct. Both posted bond for $20,000 each and was released Nov. 29.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.